Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Getting to Know Your Audience

I think the "Getting to Know Your Audience" project was great. You get to know your classmates better and sometimes in an online class that's difficult to do because you're not sitting in a classroom together and getting to have different conversations with all of your classmates. Sometimes it's hard to picture your online classmates as actual people, being that you don't ever see them or really talk to them one on one and have a conversation, like you would in a seated class.

One of my favorite questions from this project was "What are your biggest pet peeves?" I liked this one simply because some of the answers were somewhat humorous, although probably not to that person. While reading through some of the answers I realized that those were things that bothered me too, but was something that I never really thought about. It seems that a lot of people have pet peeves related to driving, but I think everyone gets annoyed with driving sometimes even if they don't want to admit it.

Another thing I liked reading about was what peoples plans are for the future. Such as in Lynn's question, "Why are you taking classes at OTC? What is your goal?" I liked hearing everyone's answers about what they want to achieve in the future. I guess I'm just one of the weird people that love listening to other peoples thoughts and plans for their life.

I feel like I have learned a lot about my classmates through this project. I've learned that driving is a big pet peeve for people, that family is a big thing in everyone's life, majority of us have grown up in the Springfield area, and that we all have some crazy ideas of what super power we would like to have. Overall, I think we have a very interesting class that have will a lot of different perspectives on anything we do in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment