Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Comp 1 Class


Coming into my Composition 1 class, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I knew we would be reading a book, The Heart and The Fist by Eric Greitens, because that was on my book list for this class. But I wasn’t sure what we were going to do with it, beside the obvious, reading it. In previous English classes that I have taken, all of which have been at my high school, when we would read a book, it would be with the class, we would all have to follow along and then answer questions at the end of the class period about what we had read. Since this was an online class I didn’t know how that would go because it’s a different setting. But we pretty much do the same thing each week as we read a little bit more and have a discussion over it. Something I thought was pretty cool about this class was we set up a blog. That was something I didn’t expect because all of my classes have been in the classroom so there’s really been no need for that and we usually keep a journal or notebook in the classroom where everyday we would have a writing prompt to answer. I really like the blog idea. Something from this class that I think will really help me as a writer is the freewriting project, which I am doing now. I think it will benefit me a lot in how quickly I can come up with ideas and put them into words. Especially having to do it everyday, I know that is something that will help me become a better writer and probably help me better be able to bring my thoughts onto paper, or computer, whichever. I think it’s a pretty interesting project, for sure something I’ve never done before.

6/25/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment