Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Challenges


Today my writing prompt was asking me about a challenge I have faced in the last three months. A big challenge that I am thinking of right now is choosing a college. I recently got an offer to go cheer in college, but it is a very expensive school and even with my scholarship I will still have more to pay, and it is far away. I always just figured I would get my general education classes out of the way at OTC since they are free because of my A plus. Then transfer to MSU for my bachelors degree. But ever since I got this offer I have had to make a really hard decision. I’ve thought about it for awhile and still am not able to make a decision. I would like to go so that way I can get a little taste of being on my own, without really “being on my own” but I also don’t want to be so far away from my friends and family. They mean the world to me and I don’t know that I really want to leave them. Another thing is it is really expensive and even though I would be getting scholarships, I’m pretty sure that it probably won’t cover the whole expense. That’s a big thing for me because I have free college here at home. So I am still looking at this challenging decision and working towards deciding soon, weighing the pros and cons. I know whatever I choose will be the best for me, but right now the issue is going to be a very stressful decision. No matter what I choose though, I am very much looking forward to my future and all that I hope to accomplish.  I can’t wait for this new chapter of my life.

7/8/2015

1 comment:

  1. Matraca,
    That is a really big decision you are faced with. Making a pros and cons list really would help. I am sure you will make the right decision for you. Talk to your parents about it, see what they think. I've never had to make an important decision like that that had a time limit on it. College is a really important experience so, either one you choose to go to you will make great memories. Good luck!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete