Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Taking Risks


My writing prompt today told me to write what I think this quote means, “If you don’t risk anything, you risk more.” To me this quote is saying that you should take risks or you will be losing more than you would by not taking the risk. For me this is applicable in my choosing a college. It’s nothing super “risky” as in dangerous, but for me it is an opportunity that could change a lot of things in my life. If you’ve read any of my past blogs, you would know that I got an offer to cheer, but at a college pretty far away from home. For me deciding to go and cheer in college has in a way been a risk. I am risking growing apart from all of my friends back home, not feeling as comfortable as I do in my own home, and really just having to fend for myself. But I know that if I was to stay home I would be missing out on the opportunity to continue cheering and making new friends. It will also be a really good chance for me to learn how to be on my own. This quote just says that although you may be scared, it will be worth it in the end rather that not going for it and not making any changes in your life. I enjoy taking risks, nothing that could put my life in danger, but something that’s going to make a change that I might be a little frightened of at first. Any risk you take could end in failure, but you still got that experience and if you wouldn’t have taken that risk, you would have lost that experience and probably wouldn’t have learned some good lesson while doing it. Stepping out of your comfort zone is pretty much the best thing you could do for yourself, even if you may not want to.

7/14/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment