Saturday, July 4, 2015

What to do when the power is out


The power hasn’t been out in a while at my house. But I do remember way back to the ice storm when the power was out for weeks and we had to find something to do with our time. Even though it was cold and our water wouldn’t work, and our stove wouldn’t turn on, a lot of things weren’t working because pretty much everything takes electricity now. But it was one of the most fun times. I got to spend a lot of quality time with my family, which hardly ever happens because we are all so busy, but since we were all trapped in our houses there was plenty of time. Way back then, I think I was around nine or ten, and my favorite way to pass time was playing my Nintendo ds, I know, I’m a loser. That was the coolest thing back then. Another one of my favorite times was when my family and I would gather around and just talk. That’s probably what made the ice storm bearable. It was so much fun to actually get to talk to my family and hear stories from them about past ice storms from when they were kids, those stories from my grandparents and my parents. We found a way to make being trapped in the house with absolutely nothing to do fun. I don’t really know what else I would do when the power is out. Now that I’m older, if the power was to go out I would probably grab a book that I’ve been wanting to read but I haven’t had time to. Reading would be a really good pass time during a power outage, as long as it’s a good book. I’m curious, what do you do when the power is out?

7/4/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment