Friday, July 17, 2015

Reflection


This freewriting blog assignment has helped my writing. It’s so easy to stop and overthink what you are trying to write and with this assignment, I feel like I have been able to just write. The only problem I really feel like there was was it was public and I didn’t feel comfortable sharing a ton of stuff on a page so public so I feel like I had to hold back on some of my thoughts for somethings. For any other English class I have had, I have never had to make a blog, we kept it all in a journal which I feel is a little more private to express my thoughts. Also before this class, I had never heard of freewriting. I think it is a fun approach on how to teach writing without forcing the students to write a ton of papers. Another part of this was everyday I went to the page on Ms. A’s website that had all the writing prompts and randomly chose one. Some that I got were really fun and some made the think about things I had never even thought of before. I also liked that we had free range on what we wrote about, most of the time my teachers have given me writing prompts and I had to write about that. In this case I got to go to that page and if I didn’t like the one it gave me, I could choose another one. The freewriting was definitely a different experience that I’ve never done in any of my other English classes. After this class is over I will probably try to continue to freewrite just to keep my writing at a good rate and continue to work on it.

7/17/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment